Whether it’s throwing parties for 125,000 people or investing in non-traditional students, the chamber works tirelessly to improve the community. Its events and advocacy work augment positively the quality of life that attracts, retains and supports residents.
• The picture-postcard Michigan Challenge Balloonfest in June and the magical Fantasy of Lights in November attract over 125,000 people and pump millions of dollars into the local economy.
• Community leaders are honored and their successes celebrated at the chamber’s annual dinner. It is at this event that the prestigious Citizen of the Year award is presented.
• The Sunday Farmers’ Market runs May through October. As well as spotlighting the community’s agricultural resources, the market is a popular downtown gathering spot, enhanced with live entertainment. As a chamber member, you can take
advantage of the market’s featured business booth.
• Howell’s downtown restaurants find themselves in the spotlight during the annual September Stroll: A Taste of Downtown Howell. Hundreds of guests buy tickets to sample their specialties.
• The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Margaret Starkey Scholarship awards college scholarships to working students nominated by their employers. Approximately $15,000 is invested in these non-traditional students each year.