Howell to Shine Bright for the Holiday Season
Two of Howell’s special event powerhouses are joining forces to light up Howell this holiday season for a memorable and magical experience at Scofield Park. Opening the Friday after Thanksgiving, The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation will present Fantasy of Lights Weekend in Partnership with the Howell Parks and Recreation Authority’s ‘Holiday in the Park’. This year’s event will include a theme of ‘Around the World’ and will highlight holiday experiences and traditions from across the globe. This drive-through event will kick-off with Fantasy of Lights weekend featuring an extra special display of lights and scenes installed by Santa’s Light Crew as well as community organizations. Float builders will be asked to create stationary displays to stay in the park throughout the month-long program.
“We’re very enthusiastic to be partnering with the Howell Area Parks & Recreation Authority to continue a beloved holiday tradition in a safe and modified format during these unprecedented times,” said Janelle Best, president of the Howell Area Chamber of Commerce.
During Fantasy of Lights weekend, a different Grand Marshal will be honored each day of the event and Santa will be accepting letters from children. Following your drive-through experience, you’ll be invited to travel downtown Howell to participate in a special family-friendly activity. The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation will also be hosting a virtual Fantasy 5k. race registration information can be found on the chamber website, Howell.org.
Tickets for the drive-through experience will be made available for purchase through Eventbrite and will be available at the beginning of November.
We’re currently seeking individuals that are interested in being a part of the magic this holiday season. Please contact Howell Recreation or Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation at 517-546-3920. Volunteers are needed to install lights and build scenes, so please round up your club, church group, co-workers, etc fill out the application at Howell.org
For more information, contact Janelle Best at Jbest@howell.org
- There will not be a traditional parade down Grand river this year.
- A lighted drive-through event will take the place of the parade.
- A registration link will go live on November 1st to purchase tickets to the drive-through event.
- The event will kick off on November 27th and continue each weekend until Christmas from 6-8 pm at Scofield Park.
- A virtual run will also take place on the weekend of November 27th.
- Volunteers are needed to help light up Scofield Park.
- Links to volunteer, set up a display, sponsor, or sign up for the virtual run can be found on this page.
- Please contact Jbest@howell.org with any questions.