About this Event
The Howell Chamber Foundation and Howell Recreation are joining forces to put together the largest holiday display in Howell history! Scofield Park will host this year’s drive-through Light Up Howell event which will feature thousands of strands of lights, an animated display set to music from Santa’s Light Crew, fun inflatables, and even a reverse parade. Community-built “floats” will be on display for the duration of the event, built by those who usually participate in the Fantasy of Lights Parade. This program is presented in partnership with Cobb-Hall Insurance.
The kick-off weekend will focus on the Fantasy of Lights Parade traditions and will feature an unheard of FOUR Grand Marshals! Each night will feature one of Howell’s finest onsite waving to the visitors. Santa will also be on-site for Nov 27, 28, and 29 only, waving to visitors from a float.
Each vehicle will need one ticket and will receive a special ornament commemorating the event. Participants will enjoy an audio presentation as they drive through the event and the audio can be found at howellrecreation.org.
Special Event Days (supplies are limited, first come first served)
Nov 27 – guests will receive special goodie bags with deals for shopping Downtown Howell on Small Business Saturday. Sponsored by the Howell DDA
Nov 27, 28, 29 – Santa will be on-site for the first three nights waving to cars as they pass.
Dec 4 – guests will receive a hardcover copy of ‘Santa’s Secret’ by local author Denise Brennan-Nelson. Sponsored by Howell Recreation.
Dec 11 – guests will receive coupons/giveaways from local Howell Restaurants including Aubree’s, Aberrant Ales, and Eternity Brewing.
Thank you to our sponsors for making this program possible! Bob Maxey Ford, United Healthcare, Howell Carnegie District Library, VCA Countryside Veterinarian, First National Bank, Brandon Krugh State Farm, Citizens Insurance, Connell & Associates, Auto-Lab, Town & Country Coldwell Banker, Keller Williams Living, Aubree’s, and Beauchamp Water Treatment.
The charge per vehicle is $15. Funds from this program will go to support the Howell Chamber and Howell Recreation, two organizations that run many of the large events in the City of Howell. We appreciate your support as we navigate these difficult times and we look forward to seeing you at a festival again soon.
For more information, contact Janelle Best at Jbest@howell.org
- There will not be a traditional parade down Grand river this year.
- A lighted drive-through event will take the place of the parade.
- A registration link will go live on November 1st to purchase tickets to the drive-through event.
- The event will kick off on November 27th and continue each weekend until Christmas from 6-8 pm at Scofield Park.
- A virtual run will also take place on the weekend of November 27th.
- Volunteers are needed to help light up Scofield Park.
- Links to volunteer, set up a display, sponsor, or sign up for the virtual run can be found on this page.
- Please contact Jbest@howell.org with any questions.