What Is MI Bright Future?
MI Bright Future is a dedicated group of K-12 education, higher education, workforce development, and employer partners who are working to bring a technology called Career Cruising Inspire (ccInspire) to southeast Michigan schools.
ccInspire is a software enhancement to Career Cruising, the technology schools in the region are already using to create Educational Development Plans, which are required by the Michigan Department of Education. ccInspire is a community-development platform that makes it easy for students and educators to learn about and connect with local employers and community mentors.
Through e-mentoring, message boards, and company profiles, ccInspire connects what’s happening in today’s classroom with current and projected needs among local employers.
MI Bright Future Instructions:
Livingston County students have access to Career Cruising, with some students creating accounts as early as 6th grade. All high school students in the county have access to MI Bright Future and the ability to share this resource with their families. Just follow the easy instructions below to learn how students can get answers about careers they are interested by professionals working in the field, and the experiences they need to affirm that it is the right career path for them!
High School Students:
- Log in to www.mibrightfuture.org and click “Log In” under “Students”
- Enter your career cruising username and password (if you need this information, check with your high school counselor)
- Explore the discussion boards, companies, and various activities (see attached list) available to you!
To share a profile with High School Parents:
- After you have logged in to your profile, under your name, click “My EDP”
- At the top of the next page, click “Share EDP” to share this information with your families!
For more information and user tutorials, please subscribe to this MI BrightFuture YouTube playlist for the newest information about MiBrightFuture!
For more information, contact Carrie Bonifiglio with MIBrightFuture