The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce is a powerful, respected voice in the community, sometimes leading, sometimes collaborating and always supporting projects and initiatives that advocate for the business community.
- The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce is THE voice of business and an advocate for all our members.
- The Howell chamber leads the Advantage Livingston initiative, a strategic growth plan for the future economic sustainability of Livingston, in partnership with the Brighton and Hartland chambers of commerce.
- The chamber is a partner in the annual Leadership Livingston training program, which has been creating future leaders to strengthen and lead the community for over two decades.
- The chamber maintains strong and positive public, government and media relations.
- The chamber was an early and enthusiastic champion for the Latson Road interchange. it’s also a strong voice to close Michigan’s school funding gap, and increase spending for early childhood education int he state.
- Our programs each year include an address by U.S. Congressman Mike Rogers, an update featuring our state representatives and an annual Business After Hours for our members with elected officials.
Being part of the Howell Area chamber of commerce is a smart business move. As the area’s largest networking organization, the chamber provides quality events to help you make the connections you need for success. Whether it’s at Good Morning Livingston, ChamberConnect, Business After Hours, new Member Welcomes or Young Professionals Mixers, our networking opportunities get you connected and keep you that way.
- Howell.org keeps you up-to-date on all the latest news and trends in the business community.
- Your business is listed in the annual chamber director and online at howell.org. Your online listing is searchable in a variety of ways, making your information easy to find.
- ChamberAdvantage, containing essential information, arrives weekly via email. Make sure your business news is in it!
- Broadcast email event messages and monthly event updates mean you’ll never miss a networking, education or enrichment opportunity.
- You get business referrals. When someone makes an inquiry for services, the chamber staff and website refer members only.
- You save money through the Membership Value Card Program, a member-to-member discount good for you and your employees; Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Michigan group insurance; Citizens Insurance discounted Business Owners Insurance Program; and HelpNet Employee Assistance Program discounts.
- When you join, you get your own personal chamber ambassador from the Ambassadors Committee who will help you use your membership benefits to your advantage while you make vital business connections.
- The annual Livingston County Home & Garden Show, 50-plus years strong, provides a place for businesses to showcase their latest and greatest products. Chamber members get preferential treatment through discounts and choice of booth location. The event also features the popular Taste of Livingston, which spotlights the offerings of area restaurants.
An economically healthy community doesn’t just happen. It takes a concerted effort to establish a climate that attracts and maintains a healthy economic base, which translates into jobs and tax revenues. The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce works with a number of organizations to support a healthy business climate, as well as grow and support businesses large and small.
- Are you an entrepreneur? LEG UP! (Livingston Entrepreneurs Group United For Prosperity), a collaborative effort of the Howell, Brighton and Hartland chambers of commerce and Cleary University, brings entrepreneurs together monthly for educational, networking and resource opportunities.
- Looking for guidance? The chamber’s partnership with SCORE, the national non-profit organization of retired and practicing professionals, provides business consulting to aspiring and established business owners at absolutely no cost.
- Get a business opportunity evaluated or action plan for owning a business developed through the chamber’s partnership with the Livingston County Small Business & Technology Development Center.
- The economic health of a community is reflected in a vibrant downtown. The Howell chamber works closely with the Howell Downtown Development Authority to attract, support and maintain positive economic growth.
- The Howell chamber collaborates with Ann Arbor SPARK and the Economic Development Council of Livingston County to retain and expand Livingston County businesses, as well as attract new businesses and industries to increase jobs and tax base.
- If you’re looking for a new location for your business, call us. We can help with site selection.
Whether it’s throwing parties for 125,000 people or investing in non-traditional students, the chamber works tirelessly to improve the community. Its events and advocacy work augment positively the quality of life that attracts, retains and supports residents.
- The picture-postcard Michigan Challenge Balloonfest in June and the magical Fantasy of Lights in November attract over 125,000 people and pump millions of dollars into the local economy.
- Community leaders are honored and their successes celebrated at the chamber’s annual dinner. It is at this event that the prestigious Citizen of the Year award is presented.
- The Sunday Farmers’ Market runs May through October. As well as spotlighting the community’s agricultural resources, the market is a popular downtown gathering spot, enhanced with live entertainment. As a chamber member, you can take
advantage of the market’s featured business booth.
- Howell’s downtown restaurants find themselves in the spotlight during the annual September Stroll: A Taste of Downtown Howell. Hundreds of guests buy tickets to sample their specialties.
- The Howell Area Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s Margaret Starkey Scholarship awards college scholarships to working students nominated by their employers. Approximately $15,000 is invested in these non-traditional students each year.